With the 1.9 patch just around the corner the good folk at NCsoft have decided to share yet another glimpse of what's to come in the coveted 2.0 patch. Here's a look at the Assault on Balaurea instance, and other key feature changes coming to the game as highlighted by AionSource.com!
- New Instances: Aion hosts eight new instances, each filled with fantastic challenges and enticing rewards. These new instances offer a range of challenges for all varieties of players ranging from solo adventures to full-on Legion raids. Players will face Balaur cultists in the Udas Temple instance, explore the roots of a great Elim tree creature and battle each other in one of Aion’s fierce PvPvE battles aboard the Chantra Dredgion, the new Balaur supply ship.
- Pets: Pets are no longer decorative. Aion redefines how MMORPGs approach pets, creating an entire new subsystem for players to explore as they acquire functional pets capable of storing goods, assisting with crafting or acting as guardians by alerting their masters to nearby enemies.
- New Zones: Players will explore the vast lands of Baluarea, the home of the Balaur, ruled by the Dragon Lord Tiamat. The Asmodians and Elyos have established fortresses in the two new zones: Gelkmaros and Ingisson, each area featuring completely new environments, powerful monsters and unique flight mechanics for players to enjoy.
- Increased Level Cap: Five additional levels can be achieved. With an increased level cap of 55, characters will discover new weapons, earn new items and learn new skills as they explore the dangerous lands of Baluarea.
- Enhanced Flight Mechanics: Brand new flight options in the form of Windstreams allow characters to traverse the vast new zones of Gelkmaros and Ingisson with increased speed and unlimited flight time. Windstreams have varying strengths and effects, adding a further layer of depth and strategy to Aion’s highly-acclaimed flight mechanics.
- Twitter Integration: Aion’s new Twitter feed functionality makes player bragging rights easy with its fluid integration into the game. Players can capture and Twitpic up to ten of their favorite screen shots using the updated in-game UI.
For the full story visit the Aion 2.0 Preview!