In a new trailer released today by Ubisoft, The Watch is revealed. A pre-launch interactive desktop, tablet, and phone app for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, players can get in on the VIP fun upon pre-ordering and enjoy the following perks:
- Allows members to delve deeper into the Assassin’s Creed Universe and enjoy exclusive tailored content, as well as early access to the latest information, ensuring the community are the first to know about upcoming events, shows, talks and releases on the brand.
- Regular in-depth features exploring a variety of different themes, including the characters, setting, places, cultural inspirations and other game related elements.
- Allows members to follow Assassin’s Creed related social media and discussions, discover and ‘like’ other member’s content and upload their own, and compare their skills and achievements!
- Key members of the community will be chosen to update a special “Experts” section to share their deep knowledge on the universe.
- Unique member quests to compete in, unlocking specific missions, special rewards and bonuses. These timed missions will only be available through THE WATCH and participants will be able to track themselves and other members through global leaderboards.
For those unfamiliar with the newest addition to the legendary series, this installation will indeed tell the story of Edward Kenway. A young British man with a thirst for danger and adventure, he falls from privateering for the Royal Navy into piracy as the war between the major Empires comes to an end. You may remember his mentions in Assassin's Creed III, in which he is revealed to be father of Haytham Kenway.
We'll see the game on October 29th of this year, for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. Pre-orders are already available at http://shop.ubi.com/AC4BF. Stay tuned to Curse for upcoming details!