Todd Howard recently revealed to Edge Magazine how the behavior tracker in Skryim will work. He talked about how the NPCs will judge you based on the actions that you do throughout the game, both good and bad.
"We track how every person and faction feels about you, and their own limit for how many illegal things they will do. You can get followers and command them, and they may like you enough that no matter who's attacking you they will join in, even if it's the guards.
The story manager is looking at everything you do and then making things happen. So if you set a chicken on fire, or you drop an item, or pickpocket somebody or if you kill a dragon in town and absorb its soul, how people react all goes through the story manager." - Todd Howard, Bethesda Softworks
Some other details that were touched on are:
- Everything in the game was created by Bethesda's artists by hand.
- Creatures are more diverse and the Ice Golem was revealed.
- The reputation system will be similar to Fallout: New Vegas, friendly factions are easier to steal from.
- You can turn factions against one another.
- A new perk was revealed that allows you to charge enemies with your shield raised, another allows you to decapitate people.
- Quests will provide surprises, such as ambushes.
- The Thieves Guild will return.
- Gourds will be an ingredient in alchemy.
For more information regarding Skyrim, please visit: http://www.SkyrimWiki.com