In a move to encourage new players, Frogster has made their seafaring MMORPG Bounty Bay Online a free download. It was previously only available for purchase at the cost of 20 Pound Sterling or 30 Euros, but is now completely free.
The client also comes with 10 days of free play, and any current subscribers who purchased the client prior to this announcement will be compensated with a free month of play.
In other Bounty Bay news today, the game's first free add-on is available today -- called "Storm Island" -- a tropical island close to the North American coast.
Features of BBO – Storm Island:
- A large new island full of dangers and adventures for the most courageous players
- Level cap has been raised from 100 to 120, giving players the possibility to improve their characters skills even further
- 21 additional special abilities for fishing, stamina, sewing, shipbuilding, foundry and more
- New quests and new dungeons, made especially for groups of adventurers
- New enemies, monsters, weapons, armour and extras
- Brand new gem system, which allows players to upgrade their weapon and armour. Now you can upgrade your favourite items to match the new requirements