OGPlanet Offers Full-Service MMORPG Using Free-to-Play Model
El Segundo, Calif.- Feb. 29, 2008- OGPlanet, an innovative provider of multiplayer online games, today announced the North American commercial launch of CABAL ONLINE, a full-service massively multiplayer online game that already boasts nearly 1 million players in more than 12 countries throughout Asia and Europe .
"The launch of CABAL ONLINE is a huge event for us," said David Hoffman, Executive Producer for OGPlanet. "The beta testing periods were met with a very positive reception, and we're anxious to watch CABAL's popularity in North America grow. We're thrilled to be able to provide an MMO of this caliber under a free-to-play model."
Although CABAL was developed with a subscription-based model in mind, OGPlanet is offering the game under a free-to-play system, consistent with the company's model. An option to purchase in-game items does exist, but the purchasable items will not be integral to the gameplay experience.
"It is important to us to find a balance ensuring our players the full experience of CABAL Online without paying a penny," said Hoffman. "The items purchasable by Astros, our OGPlanet-wide in-game currency, will give players ways to make it from 'Point A' to 'Point B' more quickly, but won't give them any sort of permanent advantage over players who might not have the budget to utilize the Cash Shop. We're very pleased with the result: a free-to-play MMORPG with everything you would expect from a subscription-based game."
CABAL ONLINE can be downloaded at http://cabal.ogplanet.com/.
About CABAL ONLINE
In CABAL ONLINE, players are called upon to protect the people of Nevareth from an evil entity known as CABAL. Centuries ago, the evil CABAL all but destroyed Nevareth, but the land was saved and rebuilt by seven great masters wielding the ancient abilities of Force Power. Nearly a thousand years later, CABAL has returned, and it is up to players to master the intricacies of the Force Power and use them to save Nevareth.
Set in a diverse environment that includes ice temples, forgotten ruins, desert hideaways, mutant forests and volcanic citadels, CABAL engages players with dynamic quests that tie-in beautifully to the game's storyline and more than 300 dungeons to explore. With 170 levels, CABAL is conducive to either hardcore or casual game play.
CABAL includes both Player vs. Environment and Player vs. Player gameplay, with some servers designated specifically for PvP combat. An option that allows players to manually attack, rather than auto-attacking targets, provides additional control and accuracy, which is especially noticeable in PvP combat. In a unique approach to moderating PvP combat, players who continuously kill, or "gank," lower-level players will be transported to an in-game jail, where they will wander a seemingly endless maze until their sentence is complete.
Additional CABAL ONLINE features include:
- An interactive combat system that utilizes combination attacks (precision and timing sensitive) to deliver blow after blow with NPC and PvP encounters.
- Six distinctive classes of characters-Warrior, Force Archer, Blader, Force Shielder, Wizard and Force Blader-each offering an entirely unique game play experience within CABAL.
- An in-game downloadable jukebox that allows players to download their own songs to play while they take on CABAL.
- A fluid fighting interface that brings intuitive and elegant motions to players' fingertips. Different classes bring unique movements and actions to their character both in and out of the battle zone.
- All in-game items can be crafted into new items or enhancement.
- A dynamic character-creation tool with more than 200 options.
- More than 300 dungeons featuring highly original and challenging quest designs to explore.
- Magical and mystical unlockables enhance healing, attacking, crafting and shielding powers.
- Astral cycles and boards allow players to travel great distances in short amounts of time.
- Hundreds of weapon styles, ranging from blade, bow and arrow, guns, and magic, are available.
- Supports multi-player Server-Client.
- A state-of-the-art game engine delivers stunning, high-polygon-count 3D graphics at a sustainable high frame rate, even on low-end machines.
- Unparalleled special effects: dynamic lighting shading, Z-buffering, particle-based effects.
- An engine designed and built by a staff experienced with massive network traffic management to minimize any latency.
- Supports most popular 3D hardware accelerators.
Based in El Segundo, California, OGPlanet is a leading publisher in North American of free to play and downloadable games. OGPlanet offers micro-transactions as a revenue source. Founded in 2005 by SangChul Park, President. For more information, visit www.ogplanet.com.
Michael Meyers PR Michael Meyers email: email@example.com phone: 925.551.8080
Michael Meyers PR Rebekah Nicodemus email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 925.551.8585