Grand strategy game Crusader Kings II explores medieval Europe, bringing it to life through tactical depth and rich strategy, and until today has only been playable on PC. Released today for Mac, it now available for purchase via all major digital distribution platforms and select retail for $39.99.
Eight years after the much loved original, Crusader Kings II is the long awaited sequel to Crusader Kings, developed by the acclaimed team behind the Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron and Victoria series. A game of choice and a reflection of each player’s personal morality, how will you play this very personal game of Strategy? Rule with an iron fist oppressing your population through fear? Perhaps lead your kingdom through respect and benevolence, instilling loyalty in your subjects instead? Or maybe marry your way to power. These are the weighty decisions that await you in your quest for influence and territorial domination.
- Start a game in 1066 and forge 400 years of European history
- Take on the role of a Christian noble and carry them through the ages from Count to Emperor via the line of succession
- Gather Prestige for every successive character you play, furthering the glory of your dynasty
- Expand your feudal domain at the expense of your rivals
- Unravel the plots of your courtiers and vassals, each armed with their own agendas
- Re-enact the Crusades, defend against the Mongol onslaught, and form feudal nation-states
- Struggle with the Pope for control of the bishops
- Relive the Middle Ages with up to 32 other players in a competitive multiplayer mode
For more information about the game, check out http://www.crusaderkings.com/!