Cube World developer Wollay has made another lengthy post on his development blog -- check out some highlights:
- There is now a clearly arranged overview map showing lands and levels. The player can switch between the voxel map and the overview map.
- Screens added for character selection, world selection, character creation and world generation
- Each class has access to three different types of weapons
* Warrior: Great weapons, dual-wielded one-handed weapons, shield + one-handed weapons
* Rogue: Daggers, fist weapons, longswords
* Spirit Mage: Staffs, wands, bracelets
* Ranger: Bows, crossbows, boomerangs
- There are now groups of NPC adventurers wandering through the landscapes and fighting monsters, just like the player. Some of them are bad and will attack the player.
- Cities have now different districts and there are class trainers
Over the last weeks I've experimented a lot with quests: completely random quests, semi-random quests, pre-written class quests. But I somehow had the feeling that the addition of quests could remove a lot of the freedom and restrict the player too much. I'm also afraid that they could become too repetitive and generic over time. So I decided to leave them out for now and put the game focus on exploration, fighting and character progress, which are in my opinion the most fun aspects of Cube World.
Check out the screenshot gallery below, and be sure to visit the Cube World Wiki for information on every aspect of the game so far. If you haven't heard of the game you'll definitely want to check out Wollay's blog, where you'll learn tons about this upcoming voxel-based exploration RPG featuring quests, classes, building, and more upon release.