The Addons Section has undergone a revamp (but is not finished yet). Due to popular request we have implemented categories in addition to labels for addons. As part of this process, we are re-importing all addons from the v2 database in order for them to have the correct category listed. What this essentially means is, if you currently are trying to browse addons by category and don't see any listed, chances are very high that the importer hasn't gotten around to the addons for that category yet - but will, eventually.
You may also edit your project and manually set the category (for now, we set all addons that had no category to list under "chat" as default). As mentioned, this will change as soon as the importer gets around to that addon or you manually edit your project to a different category.
These are some changes that have been made so far since yesterday:
- Categories have been added, and addons are being imported to the correct category.
- Bugs with the Project and File Upload page has been sorted out.
- You can now easily select both category and game versions/builds for your addons/files.
- You can now tag a particular file/release as the "default download" for your addon. Please note that quick download links to the addon both in favorites and the addon page will not work unless the author selects a file to be the "default" download.
- Some "quick" fixes to the search page should make it more usable until we get around to revamping it.
- The backend for Favorites has been rewritten in order to be able to correctly implement Version listing for addons, as well as which game version it is intended for (Note the actual change to the favorites page has not been implemented yet).
- File Downloads should once again be working for all addons (if a file is corrupt then it means our integrity checking script has not gotten around to checking this particular file but will some time today).
- Added support for BMP files for screenshots
- And many more fixes to various details around the page.
- Favorites should no longer get their "last updated" date modified by comments and rating changes on the addon.
With that said, as today passes along we have a list of fixes/features to properly enable. Here is a list of some of the current fixes/changes we are prioritizing as we speak:
- Searches and Browsing of addons will list "Designed for Version" such as "World of Warcraft 1.12.0 or World of Warcraft 2.0.0" In order to easily navigate and find your addons that will be working with tomorrows patch.
- Revamp of the "My Favorites" page to show missing Addon information such as latest Addon Version, Designed For Version, etc. Also to be implemented: Quicklink to the "default" download. Included in this change will also be the "Remove from favorites" button on addons that you have already listed in favorites, as well as other improvements to the favorites section.
- Revamped addons "advanced" search page with multiple options to easily search different categories, labels, names and file revisions.
- We will be replacing the current "right menu" with something that resembles what was on v2. In addition, we will be making this menu a lot less wide in order to give more space to the actual content on the page.
With that said, there are many other changes/fixes that will be worked on when we complete the most important ones. Please be patient for now as we sort out these issues!