Dark Age of Camelot Test Version 1.88b Release Notes Vista and Animist Notes February 22, 2007=======================
WINDOWS VISTA NOTES
As part of our effort to make Dark Age of Camelot Vista compatible, we have added a folder in the User’s 'My Documents' folder to hold information that the user will be able to easily access. Screenshots and log files may be found in this new directory.
Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot
For Vista the path is:
UsersMy DocumentsElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot
Dark Age of Camelot continues to use the following directory for game and character configuration files:
Documents and SettingsApplication DataElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot
For Vista the path is:
UsersAppDataRoamingElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Players may no longer log out while affected by the PvP immunity timer received after zoning. Upon attempting to quit, players will receive the message: "You must wait for your PvP immunity to wear off before quitting". The usual logout time of 20 seconds will be added to the time remaining on the character's current PvP immunity. This change applies to all servers.
- The sound that plays at the Mythic splash screen has been updated. Note: You must have your sounds enabled through the Options screen for the sound to be heard.
- (Pendragon Only) Players will no longer receive bonus bounty points or guild bounty points when turning in tokens for Master Levels or artifact quests that they have already completed. Players will only receive exactly the amount of bounty points they originally paid for the token.
NEW FRONTIERS NOTES
- The portals that lead to the Battlegrounds in the Demon's Breach will now only allow players who match the level restriction for the particular Battleground to pass through. Example: Balban's Breach has a portal to the Lion's Den Battleground which is for players that are levels 5-9. The Battleground portal will now only allow players level 5-9 to enter the Lion's Den.
- The in-game map for the Jamtland Mountains has been updated so the dock by Glenlock Faste is in the proper location.
CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES
- Animists are now limited to a total of 5 active fire and forget (FnF) turrets at any given time. This does not include bombers or controlled pets.
- The hitpoints on fire and forget turrets have been increased by 50%.
- The following Animist bomber spell lines are now no longer bombers and have been converted to normally cast spells.
Creeping Base Line:
Rampant Vines - Root Wisp Inferno - Direct Damage/Debuff
Dancing Flare - Area Effect (AE) Armor Debuff Binding Spirit - Area Effect (AE) Root
Verdant Base Line:
Rejuvenating Spirit - Pet Heal Spirit of Nourishing - Pet Regen
Fortifying Emissary - Short duration absorption (ABS) Buff Essence of the Forest - Long duration absorption (ABS) Buff Woodspirit Seal - Bladeturn
- Timers for all recipes have been standardized to reduce some inconsistencies, as well as to eliminate many excessively long crafting times. For the vast majority of recipes, this results in a significant decrease in crafting time; anywhere from a few seconds to as much as two minutes, such as in the case of the bulk trinkets.
CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES
- Classic werewolf models have received an art and equipment upgrade. Note: white werewolf and Drakulv models are still using Classic models at this time.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES
- Sharks will no longer gather in a massive feeding frenzy in the middle of Oceanus Anatole.
- Golden Scarab Vest - Only 25 Scarab Wings are now required to obtain the Magical Scarab-wing Gloves from Tey to pick up the Cursed Scarab-wing Vest. If a player has already turned in 25 or more wings, but has not yet met the previous goal of 50, the player need only turn in one more wing to obtain the gloves.
- Golden Scarab Vest - The Cursed Scarab-Wing Vest will now spawn more frequently.
CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES
Quests - Midgard
- People Lost - The directions given by the item 'Vudi's Map' and in the player journal for this quest have been clarified to make locating the quest monsters easier.
- The in-game map for the adventure wing 'The Forgotten Vein' has been updated so the Entrance and Exit marks are in the proper locations.
- The Kobold leader Vanjorndor in Nyttheim now has a chance to properly drop an item along with coin for its loot.
LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES
- The Obelisks at each entrance have been given all the same teleportation options as the Obelisks in Nurizane's Crossroads, along with the option to port to Nurizane's Crossroads and Nethuni's Sanctuary (the remote room players are ported to if they stay AFK at the entrance for too long).
- Necromancer pets will now be vulnerable to the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads.
- Necromancers in shade form will no longer trigger the timer for the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads. Only when they drop out of shade form will the timer begin.
Quests - Albion
- Unraveling: Illusions of Grandeur - The 'Signaling Whistle' used in this quest can now be used in shade form.