Survival and exploration games have been exploding in popularity, but it's sometimes difficult to sniff out the spectacular titles. Darkout has made it easy, featuring an intoxicating mixture of ambience, creation, and mystery that is sure to keep players immersed
What kinds of features can players expect?
- Sandbox game with unique Dark vs. Light mechanics, independently developed by gamers who love playing and making games
- Unlimited randomly generated worlds providing endless possibilities for replay
- HD graphics and unique visual style
- Craft new materials, weapons and armour
- Explore and collect resources to research new technologies
- Hollywood-quality soundtrack
- The game will receive several content updates all included in the initial purchase price (Items, weapons, areas, enemies and bosses)
- Single player with Multiplayer added in the first update
- Evolution of the world based on community feedback
- Community participation in future content development
That's a lot to take in, so we're proud to announce a partnership between Curse's Gamepedia and the Darkout team itself, forged to bring you an amazing resource: The Darkout Wiki.
Here, you'll find data on oodles of items and research, basics for beginners, mechanics explanations, and up-to-date news! It's completely community-driven, so if you have contributions you'd like to make, don't hesitate.
Feeling creative? The team is looking for a variety of one-minute videos to show to the world the different things you can accomplish in-game. Jesús Fabre, Darkout's PR/CM, had this to say on the contest:
"We organized a competition based on small videos that match very well differentiated categories, from combat to humour, from arties to crafting-focused footage. All with the purpose to illustrate our wiki and make a collective game trailer to deliver to the world. We want to show off how the game mechanics work and the diversity of situations you will have to deal with in Darkout."
The authors of the most voted videos will get a free Darkout copy for a friend! If you dare to participate, you can find contest rules and information at the official Darkout forums.
For more information on the game, be sure to visit the official site and wiki. Darkout is available for purchase on many digital platforms -- give it a try today and be sure to help them get onto Steam by greenlighting it here!