If you're a fan of games that make you hesitant to play with the lights off, up-and-comer Darkwood may be a good contender for your attention and your wallet alike.
This top-down survival horror RPG features an eerie atmosphere, intense combat, and roguelike elements all contained within a terrifying and mysterious alternate-reality forest in Eastern Europe.
What we can expect:
- Challenging gameplay: No hand holding. Think, learn and adapt - if you will behave recklessly or do not prepare for the night, you will not survive.
- Permadeath: Dying is a part of the game, and you don't have extra lives. But not all of your progress is lost, as some things carry on to your next incarnation..
- Satisfying exploration: A breathing, procedurally generated, sandbox world for you to explore. Each visit to Darkwood is unique, as all locations and events are randomized.
- Perks and abilities: Improve your character with skills that will give you advantage over your enemies.
- Crafting: A flexible crafting system which lets you experiment with loot to: create items, build barricades or traps, and improve your gear with addons.
- Twisted atmosphere: You will start to question your sanity, as the line between reality and nightmarish fantasies will begin to blur.