To celebrate a year of free-to-play MMO DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment has announced that players will receive a special one-of-a-kind One Year Anniversary Cape which features a number "1" on the back! This cape will be granted to players via mission journal on January 11. While players do not need to log in on January 11th to receive the mission (it will pop up upon next login), the character needs to have existed on or before January 11th.
The award-winning game launched last January, becoming the first MMO available for the PlayStation 3 and the first MMO based in the DC Universe. Since launch, DCUO has seen:
- More than 3.5 million Heroes, more than 2 million Villains
- More than 1.8 million registered players on PC, and more than 2.3 million registered players on PS3
- 3.6 million days of playtime total by all players in-game
- More than 1,200 new NPC characters added since launch
- More than 200 new quests added since launch
- More than 2,500 new items added since launch
- More than 15 new zones added since launch
- More than 1,800 new encounters since launch
"2011 established a foundation for the larger-than-life stories we can tell in-game, and this milestone will kick off a storyline through free content updates and paid DLC that will blow your minds," said Jim Lee, executive creative director of DC Universe Online and co-publisher of DC Comics."
For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.