Trendy Entertainment has announced a mapping contest for Dungeon Defenders, with the winning map being purchased from the designer for $1,000 cash and introduced as a brand new official game map. Prizes for runners-up are also promised. Here are the basic rules:
- Maps should be traditional Tower Defense, supporting 4-6 Heroes. Use of special mechanics like fans and magic carpets is fine. Boss fights are also allowed.
- Use of custom materials is allowed.
- Collaborations are allowed. Multiple authors can pool their talents on a single submission, and split any prizes that may be awarded. However, only 1 map per author is allowed.
- Maps created prior to the start of this contest are ineligible.
- Do your best to make the map actually work. You will not be disqualified if the map contains errors. I.e. a particular monster spawn is broken, last wave doesn’t end properly, whatever. However, you will suffer a small penalty in the scoring process.
- Entries must be submitted no later than June 21 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Full rules and submission process rundown can be found here. Maps will judged by popular vote and a panel, based on Balance, Originality, Detailing, and Optimization. Definitions of these categories can be found here.
In Dungeon Defenders, join up to three of your friends in this co-operative massively multiplayer Tower Defense, Action-RPG. In addition to placing towers and other defenses to upgrade, you control a customizable hero as well for some hack n' slash fun. Everything you want to know about Dungeon Defenders can be found at their official site, http://www.DungeonDefenders.com.