Screenshots have been released today showing off some of the brand new monsters that will be exclusive to the Forgotten Realms setting in Menace of the Underdark, DDO's first expansion! Here are some of the baddies you can expect:
- Special Attacks: Paw stomp (knock down), Shoulder smash (knock back)
- Can be found: Venturing in the upper reaches of the Underdark, where they have laired in caves close to the surface. Also known to inhabit the deepest parts of the King’s Forest.
Green Dragon: These evil creatures make quite a heavy impact on the forest- by exuding poison to whomever stands against them. While their poisonous presence has already killed many of the forest dwelling animals, they are now slowly leeching their way into the water supply for the village of Eveningstar!
- Special Attacks: Acid Breath Weapon; Poison Cloud
- Can be found: While many have been spotted flying across the mountains bordering Cormyr, prepare to do battle with them in the forests.
Draegloth: Naturally aggressive and under the commands of the high-ranking ruthless, Draegloth are often linked to Lolth herself. Drow have been known to take their presence as a sign of her favor. Be forewarned, a single Draegloth is capable of slaughtering a party of human adventurers!
- Special Attacks: Pounce, Frenzied Slash, Web Bind, Blast of Darkness
- Can be found: In the Underdark, often near the Drow city of Sschindylryn. As half-demons, they’re also commonly found in the Demonweb.
Drider: Being turned into a half-drow half-spider by the power of Lolth was once considered a punishment. Today, Drow often seek the transforming honor. These minions of Lolth are often accompanied by hordes of gigantic spiders.
- Special Attacks: Web line, Web, Poison Strike, Leap
- Can be found: In lairs throughout the Underdark. Also known to work cooperatively with Drow and in their cities.
Bebilith: Astoundingly aggressive and large, the Bebilith is a demonic spider who is known to attack anything on sight. Often used by Drow as a war Demon, this creature relies on its razor sharp claws and lethal venom to putrefy the flesh of foes!
- Special Attacks: Poison, Rend Armor, Web
- Can be found in: Demonweb
Purple Worm: These colossal worms burrow through the earth and are often known to surface and attack those traversing through the Underdark. If the Purple Worm’s poisonous tail does not manage to strike you first, beware of the creatures other end! This worm is capable of swallowing large creatures whole. The only hope for a prey’s survival is to cut its way out!
- Special attacks: Acid spit, Poison Tail Strike, Tunnel Movement, Swallow Whole
- Can be found in: Underdark regions below Comyr. Not uncommon for some to attack prey in the King’s Forest.
Werewolf: The presence of these shape-changing, regenerating monsters have caught the townspeople of Eveningstar off guard. While their magical nature makes defeating them quite a challenge, silver weapons have known to be their downfall.
- Special attacks: Alternate Form
- Can be found in: Areas of Eveningstar and King’s Forest
Menace of the Underdark takes DDO players head on into the famous and vast subterranean world, the Underdark! For more information about the expansion and its preorder packages, visit http://underdark.ddo.com/.