Here is what we found out on http://www.dust514.org/ from the "Seeding the Universe" panel that only recently was streamed, but happened straight after the Roles panel today! Also, don't forget to watch "CCP Presents" tomorrow on EVETV! Check the schedule right here for all the details.
● Concept with seeding the universe is pretty much: coming up with a universe concept, regions, planets and then specific styles and details of planets and systems
● The tool used to create the universe is making from empty space entire networks of solar systems - empires are spread and expanding as CCP makes them available for DUST
● There were about 20 seed points for world of EVE at initial trial and error of creation of the universe which was making a lot of structures later on
● Strategizing the planet terrain was rather hard and CCP came up with "Districts" on planets!
● Districts are hexagons on the planet and they are about 10 - 20 on a planet (pretty much 10-20 maps per planet, also remember there are over 7.000+ planets... in EVE Universe at launch and more later)
● CCP is working hard to make EVE players see that there are battles on the planet itself if they just fly by
● Districts are owned by corporations and a function is determined by a "Surface infrastructure" which is urban center of the district which says what specific district exactly does
● In high security space there will be NPC owned coprorations that will give you contracts and always give you ability to jump in and fight but less meaningful on a planet since it is NPC owned
● There is Faction Warfare that is a lot more meaningful as well for planets and then followed by Nullsec also that is really meaningful in universe itself