Frogster at E3 has been showing off some of the new upcoming content for their hit MMO Runes of Magic. Coming June 12th, players will be able to experience new races, places, and more. Due to the recent accessibility upgrade, more players can participate than ever before, simply by downloading a small browser version.
Here's what's new in Chapter V:
- A new race has awakened from the stone: The Shadowforge Dwarves, whose heritage runs deep in both shadowy magics and forging armaments with the aid of the dark magic seen in their eyes.
The Shadowforge Dwarves, who once belonged to the clan of the Fireboot Dwarves, experimented with dark magic and the elements from time immemorial. When a dark magic experiment went terribly wrong, all inhabitants of their underground kingdom were turned to stone. Not until centuries later did the royal reconnaissance patrols discover their dormant bodies and lift the curse plaguing their race. Soon Runes of Magic players will be able to create their own Dwarven characters and will have the option of assigning them to two new exclusive classes: the Champion and the Warlock. The Shadowforge Dwarves have slept for long enough; now they must rise to action!
- Two new classes -- Champion & Warlock. These are exclusive to dwarves, and dwarves also have access to other classes that aren't already race-exclusive.
- Champion: Heavy Armor and Melee class, whose lore is deeply embedded in forging weaponry with magic, and transforming into powerful Rune Robots.
- Warlock: Ranged damage dealer, whose affinity for the dark magics afforded to them make them adept at siphons and drains.
- New starter zone & starter dungeon: At the end of the Dwarves' new zone, the dungeon will prepare them for the rest of the world.
- Three new high level Dungeons and zones
- Addtional Equipment Swap for the third class
Frogster is also hosting a special event in the form of a live stream on Thursday, the 7th of June. Anyone interested can tune in via the hosting service own3d.tv from 8pm CEST to watch a group of players take their first steps into the new region. In addition to the new race and its exclusive classes, the new high-level instance, the Aeternal Circle, will also be presented.