CCP Games has announced that their new expansion for EVE Online, Inferno, will be launching on May 22nd. This is the 17th free expansion for the game, and aims to shake up all levels of warfare in all of its solar 7,500 systems. Player-driven conflict will be overhauled, and new ship modules have been added as well! Here's what players can expect:
- Mercenary Marketplace: pay the best guns-for-hire to settle your scores or make yourself avaialble to the highest bidders in the most notorious PVP universe in gaming
- War Declarations: reworked systems to help you wage war and keep track of your legacy
- Missiles and Launchers: savor every moment from launch to impact with missile launchers and dramatic new missile effects
- Factional Warfare: enlist in a faction and join the entry-level game of conquest with more rewards and deeper gameplay than ever before
- Visual Updates: Enhanced graphics on ship models and increased options in the industry-leading character creator
- Plus Kill Reports, Unified Inventory, 16 new modules and dozens of enhancements to both graphics and gameplay
"There has never been a more exciting time to try EVE and become the spaceship pilot you always knew you should be," says Jon Lander, Senior Producer for EVE Online. "The EVE universe is, now more than ever, staggeringly ripe with possibilities for adventure, stories, profit and, well, really satisfying explosions with the new missile effects."
EVE Online is a player-driven, persistent-world space MMORPG. In this science fiction universe, you can pilot endlessly customizable ships through a massive galaxy containing over 7,500 star systems. Interact with others through professions and activities like mining, piracy, manufacturing, trading, exploration, or battle against and with each other in a variety of PvE and PvP environments!
For more about EVE Online, check out http://www.eveonline.com/.