Sony Online Entertainment has posted a preview of the upcoming Game Update #47 for EverQuest II called Storm Break.
What can you expect from update number 47? Well, one of the major features is in-game voice chat which will have the following features (and more):
- Create your own password-protected custom channels
- Automatic channels for Guilds, Raids and Groups
- Group and Raid windows have speaking indicators
- Leaders can invite any other players into Guild, Group and Raid channels
- Moderator controls (kick, ban, mute, etc.)
- Logitech G15 keyboard integration
- Ability to individually mute and set volume per user that you can hear
- Troubleshooting tools to get you chatting instantly!
Another big part of this update is a complete revamp to old world items between levels 1 to 59. These are only some of the things "Storm Break" will add to the world of Norrath; tomorrow SOE promise to post a second preview, stay tuned!
You can read more about the first preview at EQ2 Players.