Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has announced today that Everquest II: Children of War will receive a groundbreaking 60th content update. The iconic MMO is scheduled to receive the update on May 17th of this year.
Game Update 60 includes:
- "PvP & Battlegrounds improvements, including but not limited to:
- Lobby system so players can hang together between matches with PvP merchants available locally
- New Velious battleground map ("The Frozen Tundra")
- New Battleground game type! ("Vanquish!")
- PvP and Battlegrounds rule modifications for better balance and fun factor
- Fame system improvements
- New PvP armor
- New Adornments interface to make this system easier to understand
- Continued honing of the itemization system
- Three new instanced dungeons
- Three new raids with all new bosses
- New daily missions
- Crystal Caverns
- Solo shard quest
- Two new heritage quests
- Additional signature quest line"
Alongside the update, comes another great offer. For players who have drifted away from Everquest II, Sony is offering you the chance to get back into the action for a week at no cost at all. Players with eligible accounts can jump back into the action for free starting on April 14th and ending on April 2st.
To see if your account is eligible and for more info on Content Update 60, check out Everquest2.com.