Today EverQuest released their latest live update for the game, as they prepare to launch EverQuest Underfoot later this year. Some of the content added in this game update will allow access to content introduced in the expansion, so be sure to read the notes carefully!
One of the coolest bullet points in this relatively sizeable patch is the fact that you can participate in special monster missions that allow you to raid old game content as it was intended -- on temporary characters at that content's gear and experience level.
Ancient Heroes Game Update
*** Highlights ***
- Ancient Heroes: Old Man McKenzie, a frequent patron of the taverns in the Plane of Knowledge, thinks you adventurers have it too easy these days! Back in his day they didn't have all this fancy armor and magical weaponry, they relied on their wits and not a little luck to survive! Think you've got what it takes to survive in McKenzie's Gold era? Now's your chance to prove it! Enter McKenzie's world and take on the denizens of Nagafen's Lair, Permafrost, and Guk as they were originally meant to be played, at level 50!
Transform yourself into a character built to mimic the classic EQ experience before even the lands of Kunark had been discovered. Prove your mettle by besting the Undead Frogloks of Guk or the Kobolds of Nagafen's Lair, with up to 5 friends. Or if you're feeling especially gallant, gather a raid force and take down Lord Nagafen or Lady Vox! With all new rewards you'll want to conquer them all!
Below level 80? Seek out Franklin Teek who's hiring adventurers to slay creatures in the 'Hot Zones' of Norrath. Some say he is a 'fixer' for some unknown party, while others think he seeks to live vicariously through the escapades of others. All we know for sure is he always seems to have work for those in need, and he's willing to pay well to have it done! Completion of any one of Franklin’s ‘Hot Zone’ quests by December 1, 2009 will qualify you for the Ancient Heroes Road to Underfoot event. Get to the Plane of Knowledge to see if he has work for you!
Participate* in all three of the Road to Underfoot events and pre-order and purchase the expansion by December 1, 2009 and you'll be one of the first to experience EverQuest® Underfoot™!
- Giants Giants Giants!: Haven't participated in the Giants, Giants, Giants even yet? Don't fret, you now have a little while longer to fight against the greatest "big" foes of Norrath. Seek out Tzudani, Emissary of Veeshan in the Plane of Knowledge and heed the call while there's still time. Good Hunting!
- Character Transformations Potions on the Marketplace: We've added two new potions and a combo pack to the marketplace that permit you to transform your characters.
- *Potion of Amnesia - Using this item will allow you to change your character's name. Once you change your name the change is permanent.
- *Potion of Disgenderment - Using this item will immediately change your character's gender to the opposite of what it currently is. This is a permanent change.
- *Witness Protection Pack - This pack contains a Potion of Amnesia and Potion of Disgenderment. Using the Potion of Amnesia will allow you to change your character's name. Once you change your name the change is permanent. Using the Potion of Disgenderment will immediately change your character's gender to the opposite of what it currently is. This is a permanent change.
- Norrath's Timeless Heroes Winners: Tomeseeker Salkien in Plane of Knowledge has a new book with some interesting recipes celebrating Norrath's Timeless Heroes - Tharkis (Luclin), Acceber (The 7th Hammer), Jyve (Antonius Bayle), Merlu (Maelin Starpyre), Oriaas (The Tribunal), Rouan (The Tribunal), Souldor (Erollisi Marr), Straha (The 7th Hammer), Terminat (Maelin Starpyre), and Tnexus (Prexus).
*** Items ***
- Existing poisons from Chalandria's Fang will start rotting. The new poisons it creates will last longer.
- Changed the icons on poisons to differentiate them from potions and inks.
- Obliteration ornamentations sold in the marketplace now have a particle effect. This will affect items you currently own with that ornamentation.
- The wedding bands from the wedding pack can now be traded on the Firiona server.
- Tomeseeker Salkien in Plane of Knowledge has a new book with some interesting recipes.
- The reward augmentations from the Giants, Giants, Giants event have been rebalanced to have a smoother progression curve and to allow for a more usable group-level reward. - At low levels the augment has lost power, but it now ramps up much more quickly. The end reward for the raid remains the same.
- Geomantra effects are now usable by non-mana using classes.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Fixed an issue with the Tainted Beast that was causing it to despawn too quickly.
- The groups of Ritualist NPCs in the War of Bloody Kithicor raid will no longer wither the storyline NPCs so long as all the NPCs in that group have aggro on players.
*** Spells ***
- All spells, disciplines, and AA's that buff a player or pet with invulnerability effects will now count down in the guild hall and guild lobby.
- Divine Barrier has been returned to the normal buff window pending further review.
- Corrected an issue that was preventing Magicians from using Promised Recovery scrolls.
- Bard DoT chants have had their debuff portions split into a separate spell that is automatically triggered when the chant is cast. Multiple instances of the base DoT from different casters will now stack, but the debuff portion will not.
*** AA ***
- The spell "Blood Pact" can no longer be added to the blocked buffs list.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed an issue where removing an item from a trader's satchel did not update on the trader's merchant window.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the raid window from saving its settings.
- Removed restrictions on using general channels when dead and in hover mode (again).
- Fixed an issue that was preventing NPC height changes from working properly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become "ghosted" in their guild (in the guild, but not in the guild, and not removable from the guild by player or GM).
- Fixed an issue that caused your LFG tag to drop if you zoned with a mercenary.
- Fixed an issue causing non-attuned attunable items to not be sold to a someone with a buy line open on them.
*** UI ***
- Buffs with limited procs now display the number of charges remaining on the buff icon.
- Fixed a problem that caused buff icons and labels to get out of sync. The buff timer display is now more accurate as well.
- Changed Files -
- The EverQuest Team