In tomorrow's release of Far Cry 3, a disturbing and memorable cast of characters takes you to the dark side of humanity on a massive and diverse island peppered with lush jungles, mountain ranges, swampy grasslands, and sandy beaches.
The team would like you to get to know a couple of them better. Interested? Then check out the videos below as Ubisoft shows us how they selected actors who could bring more than a voice to the role.
Dr. Alec Earnhardt is as sane as he is helpful on the island, being a maniacal producer and taker of hard drugs and hallucinogenics.
"Alec Earnhardt basks in a artificial glow of life generated by the pills he takes daily. He hails from Oxford and went sailing around the world after personnal tragedy. This is how he discovered Rook Island and all the wonderful chemicals growing in the local flora. He set up a lab on the island and now makes his living selling drugs on the black market"
Also lacking in the sanity department is the sadistic Vaas. His long stay on the island has rendered him just a bit too impulsive, unstable, and, well, insane.
Far Cry 3 is nearly here, with Xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions hitting shelves tomorrow on December 4th. You can enhance your Far Cry 3 experience even more by grabbing the Digital Deluxe Edition for $59.99, which gives you the following:
- The Monkey Business Pack: Meet Hurk and his explosive bomb-carrying monkey in four heart-pounding missions and get two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer
- The Lost Expeditions: Discover the secrets of the island’s lost World War II ruins in two suspenseful action missions, and unlock the power of a shotgun in a one-handed flare gun in multiplayer.
- The Warrior Pack: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive dagger and get an early unlock of the tattoo editor in multiplayer.
- The Predator Pack: Hunt four ferocious animals with the M-700 Predator Rifle in single-player and silently kill opponents with the unlocked Predator Bow in multiplayer.
- The Survival Guide artbook (pdf file): Discover unique artwork and insider information to help you survive the insanity of the island.
- The game soundtrack