Firefall is due out later this year and features online multiplayer action in a massively multiplayer FPS setting. With both an open-world cooperative campaign and competitive multiplayer components, the game is sure to make a splash - especially since it's also free-to-play.
"The feedback and support from our community has been an integral part of the development process," said Mark Kern, CEO of Red 5. “We’re treating Firefall as a service, which means it’s critical that we’re continually adding value and fun for players. Having a large and growing community lets us know that we’re on the right track. But more importantly, their feedback helps us stay on the right track.”
They've reached over 500,000 registered members now in their beta phase, which is quite a significant milestone for the independent studio! To prepare the wave of new players for release, Red 5 has revealed their official system requirements for Firefall:
- OS: Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Dual Core @ 2.6 Ghz (Athon 64 x2, Athlon II x2, Phenom II x2)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Dual Core @ 2.2 Ghz (Core 2, Core i3, Pentium Dual Core)
- GPU: DirectX 9 compatible AMD or Nvidia video card with 1GB RAM (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550 or Nvidia Geforce 8600)
- MEMORY: 4 GB
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz (Athlon II X4, Phenom, Phenom II X4)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Quad Core @ 2.4 Ghz (Core 2 Quad, i5, i7)
- GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
- MEMORY: 4 GB
In addition, Red 5 is making significant changes to the game based on community input following their first stage of the exclusive beta. The Tribe is rolling out a massive update that will affect everything from progression to core gameplay mechanics. VP of Development James Macauley outlined how Firefall is going to change later this summer, in a recent development update you can find here.
For more on Firefall, you'll definitely want to check out http://www.firefallthegame.com/!