Patch Notes - 26 September 2007
- Fixed a bug that caused the Equip Point costs of some abilities to be lower than intended.
Important: Because of the equip point cost changes many character incarnations became invalid. To avoid players entering matches with invalid incarnations we have removed these abilities from incarnation hotbars. If an ability has been removed from your bar you will still be able to select it from your ability list at a new tier and re-add it to your bar (equip points permitting). The abilities affected are:
- Beast of Prey
- Blood Crypt
- Blood Taint
- Boon of the Earthmaster
- Frost Skin
- Saving Grace
- Shield of Valor
- Ward of the Dark
- Ward of the Heartless
- Ward of the Merciless
- Ward of the Vengeful
- Ward of the Wicked
- Enduring buffs are no longer affected by stored charges.
- Enduring buffs of the same name no longer stack. The first copy of an Enduring buff prevents new copies of that buff being placed on a character. If someone places on unwanted buff on you that blocks using a higher tier or different buff, simply double click the buff icon in the lower left corner of your screen to remove it.
- Defensive stances have had their cast times reduced to near-instant.
- Defensive stances can now be used while under the effects of a hold (eg Silence).
- Advanced defensive stances now cause any carried vortex crystals to be dropped.
- Increased damage of all hostile life transferral abilities, and reduced the percentage of health returned to 50%.
- Fixed a bug where defensive stances were not set to be "Any style".
- Fixed a bug where Contaminate was not correctly listed as a Poison effect.
- Countdown's Area of Effect portion has had its damage and range reduced.
- Fixed a bug where Countdown's icon did not appear on the GUI debuff stack.
- Maim has had its trigger count lowered.
- Fixed a bug where Ward of the Merciless was dealing too much damage.
- Essence requirements added to defensive stance trials.
- Equip points for the first three ranks have been changed.
- Reborn: 100 (was 80)
- Initiate: 135 (was 95)
- Disciple: 170 (was 152)
Equipment and Item Broker
- Fixed a bug where certain Death faction items could be purchased with a lower faction level than intended.
- Fixed a bug with the "Vampiric" item modifiers.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Item Broker NPCs to stop working.
- Fixed a bug that prevented removing items from the Item Broker sell list.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Avatar Name to not update on the ladders if that name had been changed by a CSR.
- Ladder ties are now resolved using each player's skill rating as a tie breaker.
- 'Best 10' ladders (as used for Fury Challenge) no longer receive contributions from a loss.
- Made several bug fixes to correct errors in the recording of ladder and player statistics.
- Clans will now only receive ladder score contributions if they meet the requirements for a Clan match (more than half the team are clan members: 3 for ELM and 5 for VTX)
- The All Warzones ladder now consists of the sum of the best 10 results from each game type (Vortex, Bloodbath and Elimination for Individuals; Vortex and Elimination for Clans).
- Increased default (starting) skill rank value for all players.
- Implemented optimisations for match making.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a character to become temporarily stuck in a matchmaking queue.
- Fixed a bug that caused the matchmaker GUI to reset if a player changed zones while queued.
- Implemented a system to support new players through the learning process:
- New players (defined as characters with a maximum avatar rank of Reborn, Initiate or Disciple) will now receive a buff to Physical Offense / Defense and Spiritual Offense / Defense in Vortex and Bloodbath.
- All players in a match will start with a base Handicap Score for determining the strength of the buff. A higher Handicap Score results in larger increases to offensive and defensive stats.
- The buff applied is largest for Reborns and reduces for both Initiates and Disciples.
- The Handicap Score is defined by maximum and minimum values.
- Each Death recorded for a player will increase their Handicap Score.
- Each Kill recorded for a player will decrease their Handicap Score. Kill assists reduce the Handicap Score by a lesser amount than Kills.
- Made small adjustments to Bloodbath scoring.
- Reduced team size in Vortex to 8. (Note: this change was applied as a server hotfix on 21 September 2007)
- Reduced the number of players in Bloodbath matches to 16. (Note: this change was applied as a server hotfix on 21 September 2007)
- Reduced the time limit for Bloodbath to 7 minutes. (Note: this change was applied as a server hotfix on 21 September 2007)
- Re-enabled Archetype training in the tutorial area. This was previously disabled to prevent a possible "stuck in tutorial" bug that is now fixed.
- Made optimisations to Tutorial maps.
- Stolen Vortex crystals dropped after a character uses /death will now return to the base they were stolen from if not picked up.
- Characters that die due to using /death in Vortex will have to wait the maximum time before respawning.
- The /death command is approved for use to remedy becoming stuck in terrain.
- Please experiment with in-game VOIP support. Lots more changes included in this patch ... cross your fingers, it appears to be working!
- Fixed a bug that would cause the uninstall.dat file to become corrupted during patching. Note: this fix will not restore previously corrupted uninstall.dat files. To fix your uninstall.dat, simply delete your Fury folder and install a fresh copy of Fury.
- Fixed various rare crash bugs.
- Made fixes for various bugs that could cause players to become stuck at the loading screen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a character to continuously load into a warzone (instead of the correct map).
- Added pre-loading for various map elements (such as Vortex Crystal carrier graphics) to improve in-combat performance.