With gamescom just around the corner (August 17-21st), ArenaNet has gone ahead and published what to expect at their NCsoft booth this year. There's a lot of new stuff that'll be available in their new demo including the sylvari, character customization, and our first glimpse at PvP!
- Seven professions – Play all seven professions that we’ve revealed so far: engineer, thief, guardian, necromancer, ranger, warrior, and elementalist.
- Charr starter experience – For the first time, you can forge your destiny as a member of the Iron, Ash, or Blood Legion in our charr starter area. You can also choose to play the human and norn starting experience as well.
- Mid level demo – As always, we’ve prepared a higher level demo experience for players who want a challenge. Face powerful Orrian enemies on land, engage them in battle underwater and face off against a new boss.
- Sylvari and asura – Did I mention that you’ll be playing sylvari and asura characters for this high level content? Yes, for the first time, players will be able to get their hands on these unique races – believe me, they are impressive!
- Character appearance customization – Also for the first time, you’ll be able to play around with our character appearance customization feature and control the way your character looks.
- PvP – Last but certainly not least, we’re premiering Guild Wars 2 Player vs Player (PvP) at gamescom! Swing by the ESL booth and head to the Guild Wars 2 area to get your exclusive hands-on PvP experience. Also check out our periodic exhibition matches that pit our valiant team of ArenaNet developers against the European guild BOON Control on the ESL center stage!
Come discuss it with other Guild Wars 2 fans over at Guild Wars 2 Guru!