ArenaNet has already set a precedent for exceedingly awesome and content-filled updates, with only a few months since launch. The Mad King Halloween event has been widely acclaimed as one of the best holiday events in an MMORPG, and players are excited to find out what comes next!
The Lost Shores is Guild Wars 2's next big update, promising quite a load of new features ushered in by a massive one-time in-game event. Here's what you can expect:
- A mysterious zone to explore, accessible to all players regardless of level
- A challenging new dungeon to conquer
- A new PvP map set within a Kodan dojo
- New gear to acquire, ranging from additional weapons skins to item enhancements to an additional tier of items between Exotic and Legendary.
- Crafting updates including a new resource to harvest and 200 new recipes
- A one-time in-game event that will forever leave its mark on the world of Tyria, starting Friday, November 16 and ending Monday, November 19.
- Thursday, November 15, 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) – Free trial period begins, update build is released
- Friday, November 16, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – One-time Lost Shores event begins
- Sunday, November 18, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – Final event stage begins
- Monday, November 19, 07:00 CET (06:00 GMT) – One-time event and free trial weekend ends