After the success of the Design-A-Weapon contest, ArenaNet has decided to create a new contest for their game, Guild Wars.
This one is titled Brand the Bosses, and is aptly named so, as the contest requires players to come up with a name they would like to see as a boss in the upcoming Guild Wars expansion pack - Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
Each entry submitted will be reviewed by the expansion's designers, and up to ten will be selected to use as names for bosses, so here's your chance to contribute to the Guild Wars franchise!
Official Rules and Conditions:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Submit your boss monster name via email. Names will be accepted in any language supported in the game: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. (For ease of judging, please send an English-language translation of your suggested name if you are submitting a non-English name. If a non-English name is selected, the team will do its best to retain that name in its original language while localizing it for the other supported languages.)
- Names should be appropriate for a global audience, and for players of all ages and cultures.
- Names should be at least two words, as in the examples above.
- Include your first and last name, your age, and your city, state, postal code (if any), and country in the email. This information should be provided in the appropriate format to allow us to mail your prize if you are a winner. (For example, format the name and address as you would on a mailing label.)
- If you are a winner and would prefer to be listed by your in-game name, please note that preference on your entry and provide your in-game name.
- Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org using "Brand the Bosses 2007 Contest" as the subject line.
- Any form of entry other than that described herein is void.
Head over to the Brand the Bosses page to find out more, including the prizes involved in the contest.