The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) and the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) have announced today that submissions for Into the Pixel 2012 are now open! For those who haven't heard of this exhibit, it features a sampling of the finest interactive media selected from many submissions by a panel of respected judges. An exploration and celebration of gaming masterpieces around the world, ITP is an important bridge between traditional and digital art worlds.
This year's group of esteemed jurists include:
- Bob Rafei, Big Red Button Entertainment, Founder, CEO and Visual Director
- Eddo Stern, UCLA Games Lab, Director
- Glenn Phillips, Getty Research Institute, Senior Project Specialist & Consulting Curator, Department of Architecture and Contemporary Art
- Ian Milham, Electronic Arts' Visceral Games, Creative Director
- Jon Gibson, iam8bit, Founder and Partner
- Matt Hall, Timbuk2 Studios, Senior Partner Production Designer
- Nora Dolan - Independent Curator
- Ryan Wilkerson, Microsoft Game Studios, Senior Art Director
- Seth Spaulding, Blizzard Entertainment, Art Manager
- Shane Caudle, Epic Games, Principal Artist
Submissions are open from now until April 20, 2012. The 2012 ITP Collection will be revealed and featured at the E3 Expo on June 5-7, 2012, as well as on tours worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.intothepixel.com/.