Riot Games today released the latest patch for League of Legends, introducing a new champion and... well, just the new champion. But it's one that has been in development for a while now, and it's also been three weeks since the last champion was released.
That champion was Vayne, which is in stark contrast to today's. Orianna, the Clockwork Girl has joined the league and brings along a unique gameplay mechanic in her mechanical ball.
The ball plays heavily into her ability usage, triggering area effects at its location, latching onto allies and providing defense, and more. Orianna's abilities, direct from Riot Games, are:
- Clockwork Windup (Passive): Orianna’s autoattacks deal additional magic damage every hit, subsequent attacks on the same target within a few seconds will add more damage per hit. This bonus stacks up to three times.
- Attack: Orianna commands her ball to fly towards target location, dealing damage to targets hit but doing reduced damage for each additional target hit. Her ball remains behind at that location afterwards.
- Dissonance: Orianna commands her ball to emit a magnetic pulse, dealing damage to units around it. Afterwards, the ball leaves a field behind for a few seconds that speeds up allies and slows enemies.
- (Passive): The allied champion the ball is attached to gains bonus Armor and Magic Resistance.
- (Active): Orianna commands her ball to fly to and attach onto an allied champion, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and shielding the allied champion when it arrives.
- Shockwave: Orianna commands her ball to emit a shockwave after a short delay, flinging affected enemies in the vicinity into the air a set distance towards, and possibly over, her ball.
You can pick up Orianna for either 975 Riot Points or 4800 Influence Points, available in the League of Legends store now.