NCSoft has announced that they are opening a brand new server for Lineage II. The server is dubbed Bartz in honor of an old server that was incredibly popular with Lineage II players in the past.
NCSoft has released some information on the server, as well as some lore on Bartz:
Goddess of Destruction population continues to thrive! To help manage the large influx of players that continue to revitalizeLineage II, we are opening a third new server: Bartz!
Bartz may ring as a familiar name to veteran Lineage II players. That is because Bartz was in fact the most popular NCsoft West Lineage II server in our past. Over the years, many players have started their adventures there, forged lasting friendships and added to the historic reputation of Bartz as an iconic Lineage II experience. Therefore we are happy to announce that the opening of this third new server acts as the rebirth of Bartz's legacy! Let Bartz live on!
The new Bartz server will open with the regular server maintenance period on December 14, 2011. It will have the following server characteristics and restrictions:
- The Bartz server is for new characters only. Server transfers to Bartz are not available.
- Server timezone is CST (Dallas, Texas, USA). This is the same server timezone as the Chronos, Shilen, and Magmeld servers.
- Character slots are limited to two per account until a later date.
- Conquerable Clan Halls, Territory Wars and Castle Siege dates will be announced at a later date.
- The Olympiad opens on December 14, 2011. The first Heroes (if any) will be in January 2012.Bartz is a Paladin of the Lamb's Heart, Oren's noble family. He has a passionate heart, willing to risk his life for a trusted cause. He sincerely believes that all should unite their strength to fight against injustice for a better world. He joined the Knights of the Cathedral, part of the Einhasad Temple, eventually facing expulsion for refusing to retreat during battle. However, Cardinal Seresin ordered him to serve guard duty rather than face expulsion. Bartz began his journey, visiting kingdoms with the Cardinal.While visiting many villages, he learned that the Order's priests were having premonitions of an ominous future. He realized that his guard duty had much more significant meaning.