Details on the personal combat mounts coming in The Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan have been released. Your steed will gain experience and can be trained and specialized in several ways! By assigning trait points, you can improve attributes, acquire new skills, and improve your own mounted combat skills.
War-steeds are very unlike standard travel mounts, hailing from a long lineage of majestic, highly intelligent, and kingly creatures known as the Mearas. They are faster, stronger, and thoroughly trained for battle. The three types of War-steeds are:
- The Courser – A fast and agile Light mount, a Courser's greater speed allows them to build Fury at a quicker pace, allowing the execution of more devastating Fury-fueled attacks. Great speed comes at the cost, however, as their Endurance and Armour is reduced.
- The Rouncey – This is a moderately armoured Medium steed providing balance and stability without sacrificing or favouring survivability or maneuverability. Riders of the Rouncey are usually more focused on close combat, blending greater offense overdefenseand support tactics more evenly than its lighter and heavier brethren.
- The Destrier – This Heavy mount protects more than it speeds. The Destrier's greater armour allows them to take more damage and their enhanced Power allows extensive use of special mount charges and abilities. In trade, a slower speed makes for slower Fury generation and less overall mobility.
- Red Dawn – Focused on skills that deliver large amounts of direct damage.
- Rohirrim – Defensive skills designed for sustaining considerable damage.
- Riddermark – A blend of support, utility, and some damage skills.
The end result gives players combat mounts which are truly unique, tailored directly to your playstyle!
LOTRO is an award-winning free-to-play MMORPG featuring the familiar people, places, and monsters from one of the most famous fantasy universes of all time. In Riders of Rohan, you'll be able to:
- Join with the Rohirrim and ride across the sprawling Plains of Rohan
- Witness the breaking of the Fellowship at Amon Hen
- Forge alliances with the Ents of Fangorn
- Aid Éomer, adopted son of Théoden, as he seeks to protect his homeland from the growing Shadow.
- Level to the increased cap of 85
- Ride your own custom steed in mounted combat, and gather your fellows to fight against Warbands, contingents of roving warg riders that have been scouted all over the Plains of Rohan, the largest landscape released so far.
Be sure to visit http://www.lotro.com/ for more information and to learn how to get started!