In a statement from Executive Producer Kate Paiz a delay for the release of Riders of Rohan was announced, pushing the release date back to October 15th.
“We’ve had a very successful Beta program with some of the largest and most active beta player populations we’ve seen since Moria. The amount and quality of feedback on our largest expansion ever has been fantastic,” said Kate Paiz, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online™.
“Thanks to some great efforts from beta players, we’ve identified issues that we think need to be addressed before we can launch. In order to address those issues and meet our expectations for quality we’re going to need more time. As a result, we’ve elected to delay our launch to October 15th.”
“We understand that many players have been looking forward to joining us in Rohan as soon as possible and will be disappointed by this news. As a token of our appreciation for your patience we are granting a gift to all pre-purchasers of Riders of Rohan.”
“We thank you for your feedback and patience and hope to see you all in Rohan later this year.”
Any players who have pre-purchased LOTRO: Riders of Rohan will receive 500 Turbine Points and a goodie bag of consumables, to be credited on or around September 5th to any account that has pre-purchased by that date. The bag contains:
- 100% XP Boost (1hr)
- Slayer Deed Accelerators x1 (60 min)
- +20% Renown (3 hours)
- +20% Mount Speed (1 hour)
- Tome of Defence
- Scroll of Finesse
LOTRO is an award-winning free-to-play MMORPG featuring the familiar people, places, and monsters from one of the most famous fantasy universes of all time. When Riders of Rohan comes October 15th, you'll be able to:
- Join with the Rohirrim and ride across the sprawling Plains of Rohan
- Witness the breaking of the Fellowship at Amon Hen
- Forge alliances with the Ents of Fangorn
- Aid Éomer, adopted son of Théoden, as he seeks to protect his homeland from the growing Shadow.
- Level to the increased cap of 85
- Ride your own custom steed in mounted combat, and gather your fellows to fight against Warbands, contingents of roving warg riders that have been scouted all over the Plains of Rohan, the largest landscape released so far.
Be sure to visit http://www.lotro.com/ for more information and to learn how to get started!