Now available across all platforms is the newest Max Payne 3 DLC, Painful Memories. Here's what's inside:
- Four new multiplayer maps, including the subway station from the original Max Payne, a new Hoboken-based location that contains the full layout from Marty's Bar and the surrounding areas and two new maps from the Panama chapter with an all new Gang Wars scenario.
- New Avatar factions - De Marcos Abroad and United Souls of the People. You'll get members of the De Marco crime family to use, plus some from the vicious Panamanian paramilitary group.
- The standard military issue UAR-21 is durable, lightweight and can withstand any urban combat scenario. The rapid-fire release will increase your mobility while still providing you with the accuracy to cover the distance of the sprawling new maps.
- The IMG 5.56 can squeeze of 45 rounds at a clip and is even more accurate than an AK-47. Throw in its use by military and police around the world and this is a no-brainer upgrade for your current Assault Rifle Loadout.
- There are three new items in the Painful Memories pack which will help you with kills, cash flow and protection:
- Much more than an adding machine, the Calculator turns your assists into kill stats and pads your kill stats by earning one kill for every two assists that you tally.
- Earn money for kills by your teammates with the Betting Slip. Each time one of your teammates logs a successful kill you will add funds to your coffers.
- The Hip Flask protects you from sniper fire and stops all effects of the Hangover Burst. Each time you spawn you'll be protected from a single round from an enemy's sniper rifle.
You can grab this pack from the XBox Live Marketplace for 800 MSP, or from the PSN and various PC digital download platforms for $9.99. Anyone who owns the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass can download the pack free of charge. The Rockstar Pass is currently available for 2400 MSP or $29.99 on PSN/PC.
More information about the pack's contents can be found at http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/dlc/painfulmemories, and be sure to check out FPS General, where you can find updates, information, and community discussion on the Max Payne series, as well as the latest situation reports on all the FPS games you care about.