Retailer Best Buy has unveiled a helpful new program for prospective Xbox One owners, hoping to help provide a purchase solution during this awkward time between console versions. The problem? Some gamers are unsure if they should buy a newly released game, or just wait it out until the Xbox One releases so they can buy the newest version.
Best Buy's solution is simple: Choose any of the new releases below by the release deadline, and receive a voucher to upgrade to the new version when it's available for as little as $9.99.
The above four titles are available for this promotion. Each is priced at $59.99, with a range of 'Purchase by' dates to adhere to in order to take advantage of the perk. Here's how it works:
- Buy a qualifying Xbox 360 game online or in store by the date shown next to the title on the official promotion page.
- Within one day after you purchase the Xbox 360 edition, you'll receive a $10 coupon via e-mail, valid for the Xbox One edition of that title when it's released. (Coupon is only valid when used with this trade-in offer.)
- When you are ready to trade up to the Xbox One edition, bring your Xbox 360 edition and $10 coupon to any participating Best Buy store to trade in the game for a Best Buy gift card with a minimum $40 value.
- You'll receive a code on your trade-in receipt that will activate your $10 Xbox One coupon. When you purchase the Xbox One edition in store, you must bring this activation code with your $10 coupon.
- Use the $40 Best Buy trade-in gift card, your $10 coupon and the activation code toward your Xbox One game purchase to get the game for as low as $9.99.
- Trade in of Xbox 360 edition and purchase of Xbox One edition must occur by December 31.