Patterns is a new, shape-filled universe in which the possibilities are endless. Harvest different types of substances and build everything from basic shapes, to huge and complex structures! The game is in its Genesis release currently, with more content and features to come as the development team cranks out updates.
It's easy to purchase a key and get started, but here at Curse we wanted to give you a more complete experience through our new tutorial series with James. Watch as he takes you through the basics in the coming weeks, in helpful doses of information that should leave you a Patterns pro by the end.
In this first episode, we talk about starting in realistic mode: Controls, objectives, and more. Let's break it down:
- To orient your camera, hold down the right mouse button, and drag the mouse accordingly.
- To harvest various materials and tiles, use the left mouse button.
- Once the obstructions to the entrance of the pyramid are clear, you are free to explore the outside world!
- From there, an incomplete bridge is your ticket to the rest of the world. How do you complete it? Watch the video above, in which James will show you how to build a solid bridge that will get you across, and hazards to avoid while doing so.
- Keep in mind the game's laws of physics: Weight, compressive resistance, shear strengths, and other material data can all be found at the Patterns Wiki on Gamepedia!