Lindsay sits down with Chris Avellone, Creative Director at Obsidian Entertainment to chat about Project Eternity.
Haven't heard about the game yet? Obsidian Entertainment is bringing together the game designers responsible for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, offering to the community an amalgam of the three which recaptures the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, adds in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and ties it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.
Project Eternity aims to recapture the magic, imagination, depth, and nostalgia of classic RPGs that the team enjoyed making and playing. Here's a brief rundown of what you can expect:
- Combat with a tactical real-time system, plus pause. Positioning and coordinating attacks and abilities will determine your success in a battle.
- Unique locations and wilderness for exploration and questing
- Create your own character and collect companions along the way
- Deep, engaging dialogue chock-full of game-changing choices
- Mature story with complex, difficult decisions to make
Want to soak up some information on the game? The official Project Eternity Wiki has details on characters, gameplay, environments, and lore for your reading pleasure.