Gravity Interactive has an exciting announcement today - players who crave the old-school pre-Renewal Ragnarok Online can now have it! Renewal brought new stories, classes, and 3rd jobs with it. This new server caters to players who enjoyed RO in its more simple and classic form!
"The Ragnarok community has been asking for years to give them an option to play the game the way we all remember it, and we’re thrilled to finally be able to grant that opportunity," said Jason Heimdallr Koerperich, Ragnarok Online Producer at Gravity Interactive. Players can now dive into the classic Ragnarok Online experience they originally fell in love with so many years ago.”
Some of the classic features you can expect:
- Maps and quests available will be around 10.3, which is Schwarzwalt updates with Einbroch, Juno etc. Arunzfelt and the sinister plot of Satan Morocc will not be hatched yet.
- At Launch you can change to 1st, 2-1 and 2-2 classes.
- WoE 1 will be opened up after a reasonable number of Characters get to moderate high level, expected to be 30-45 days.
- Transcending will be available later still, after many characters are maxed out at 99/50.
- Expanded classes: Gunslinger, Ninja, Taekwon Kid, Soul Linker and Taekwon Master will come out shortly after Transcendent classes.
- Many of the high level maps and quests will not be available until after Trans classes are available, this is to allow us to expand the game as we go, rereleasing those contents as the server can handle them.
- Highest Tiered Gear will drop from monsters in Tradable Boxes. Once the box is opened the gear will be account bound. This is to keep those high tiered items limited to those high Tiered characters capable of acquiring them rather than being taken/shared among many. This also will keep them valuable in the economy for a much longer period of time. This feature will not be noticed for a very long time as those monsters that have the items will not be available at the start.
Released in 2002 by Gravity, Ragnarok Online has been one of those MMORPGs that keep a lot of gamers coming back consistently due to the pure fun and calculative nature of its play. Divided into a series of maps, players exist in a fast-paced fantasy world with massive amounts of character customization to quell the forces of baddies sprinkled throughout the RO universe.
To stay current on the Classic server happenings visit the announcement page, visit http://www.playragnarok.com/news/newslist.aspx#n907