Gamer community Raptr has released a new Desktop App which will serve as an in-game gateway to the web, making it easy for players to play games, browse, and share at the same time.
For those who haven't heard of it before, Raptr rewards active gamers with tangible prizes, just for playing. Free full games, DLC, beta codes, discounts, cards, and other stuff can be earned, all while building up gaming rep, competing and interacting with friends, and managing content.
“We are completely obsessed with serving players a richer game and community experience,” said Dennis Fong, CEO, Raptr. “Through our new Raptr Desktop App, we are delivering a seamless in-game experience to players with the power to play games and simultaneously tap into their favorite web services and destinations, community discussions and content. Gamers can say goodbye to alt tabbing.”
Interact and Share with the Community
- Screenshot capture tool with built-in sharing to Raptr, Facebook and Twitter
- Direct access to social networks including Facebook and Twitter
- Game-specific community discussions
- Cross-platform IM chat
- Tracking friends’ PC gaming with ability to jump directly into their games
Access Complimentary Content and Tools
- News direct from top gaming sites
- Access to videos through YouTube
- Email through Gmail
- World of Warcraft Talent Calculator
- Weather application
- Web browsing
Rev up your Reputation, Ranks and Rewards
- Post-game summaries
- Gameplay, rank and achievement tracking
- Raptr Reward loyalty program notifications
Additional information and downloads can be found at http://raptr.com/download!