Gaming community Raptr has unveiled the results of the second annual Most Played Games Awards, revealing how gamers spent their time in 2012.
- Most Played New Game – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
- Most Played Game (Released Anytime) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
- Biggest Boost from User-Generated Content – Portal 2 (Valve)
- Most Played Long-Awaited Sequel – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
- No Bathroom Break – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
- Most Played XBLA Game – Minecraft (4J Studios/Mojang)
- Most Played New IP – Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
- Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare/EA)
Report highlights include:
- In 2012, gamers spent the most time with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, beating out League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and World of Warcraft, all games that were released before the calendar year and have managed to sustain high levels of community engagement.
- Borderlands 2 saw 200% more total playtime than its closest competitor, Diablo III, in its first month of release.
- Portal 2 saw a 446% increase in daily playtime after releasing mod tools that allowed users to create their own levels.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic experienced a 136% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
- Dragon’s Dogma won the category for most played new IP, edging out Dishonored and TERA.
“This year’s results point out notable gameplay trends, particularly how gamers are spending time playing their favorite games,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “We’re seeing more time invested in games that constantly introduce new content and other community engagement activities, from console titles like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Portal 2 to MOBAs like League of Legends.”
Check out http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-games-of-the-year-2012 for the full report!
For those who haven't heard of it before, Raptr rewards active gamers with tangible prizes, just for playing. Free full games, DLC, beta codes, discounts, cards, and other stuff can be earned, all while building up gaming rep, competing and interacting with friends, and managing content.
“We are completely obsessed with serving players a richer game and community experience,” said Dennis Fong, CEO, Raptr. “Through our new Raptr Desktop App, we are delivering a seamless in-game experience to players with the power to play games and simultaneously tap into their favorite web services and destinations, community discussions and content. Gamers can say goodbye to alt tabbing.”
Interact and Share with the Community
- Screenshot capture tool with built-in sharing to Raptr, Facebook and Twitter
- Direct access to social networks including Facebook and Twitter
- Game-specific community discussions
- Cross-platform IM chat
- Tracking friends’ PC gaming with ability to jump directly into their games
Access Complimentary Content and Tools
- News direct from top gaming sites
- Access to videos through YouTube
- Email through Gmail
- World of Warcraft Talent Calculator
- Weather application
- Web browsing
Rev up your Reputation, Ranks and Rewards
- Post-game summaries
- Gameplay, rank and achievement tracking
- Raptr Reward loyalty program notifications
Additional information and downloads can be found at http://raptr.com/download!