Trion Worlds is launching the 1.6 content update for RIFT today, bringing a ton of new stuff for Telarans to enjoy. The most noteworthy update is the Ember Isle zone but the update also brings a new dungeon, a new sliver and some exciting Fae Yule festivities.
From the patch notes:
RIFT Update 1.6 - 11/16/11
== FEATURES ==
* Welcome to EMBER ISLE, a new zone where the cults of Laethys and Maelforge work to restore their masters to power, and the history of both the Farclan Dwarves and Kelari is being re-discovered.
* Caduceus Rise, the largest dungeon to date, is now available on Ember Isle in both Normal and Expert modes. See CADUCEUS RISE for more info.
* In the newest Sliver, the Wanton have corrupted the Titan Gate into a portal for Maelforge's entry to Telara. Prevent this fate in RISE OF THE PHOENIX! Details below.
* World Event: As winter descends on Telara, Grandfather Frost and the Yulemother arrive to celebrate the season. Keep an eye on the World Event UI for the start of THE FAE YULE event in the days following the arrival of 1.6!
* The second tier of Planar Attunement is now unlocked!
* We've made some additions and updates to the Ascend-a-Friend system, and friends can now be Ascended from the new in-game UI! See ASCEND-A-FRIEND UPDATES, below.
* A new alternate version of the Black Garden Warfront enters the weekend rotation; see details under STOCKPILE: BLACK GARDEN!
* The 'start menu' buttons on the UI have been reorganized and put into a new layout; look below under UPDATED 'START MENU' BUTTONS for more info.
Be sure to check out the update, which should be live as we speak, and more at http://www.riftgame.com/.