Trion Worlds has unveiled what they are calling a 'new way to play RIFT' in RIFT Lite. This is a version of RIFT that is free to play up to level 20, similar to what Blizzard Entertainment launched recently in World of Warcraft.
RIFT Lite gives players a chance to delve into the world of Telara without worrying at first about subscription fees or any of that. The best part is, RIFT Lite is launching alongside the RIFT 1.7 Carnival of the Ascended update this morning so there has never been a better time to give RIFT a chance or to jump back into the game if you've been away for a while.
Carnival of the Ascended features:
- PvP Improvements - Smoother advancement and better rewards
- Ascended Weddings - Share eternity with your soulmate, Telara-style
- River of Souls Chronicle - Undead adventure for two
- New Master Mode Dungeon – Caduceus Rise
- Expert Dungeon Overhaul - More options, better loot!
- Better Endgame Equipment - Improved loot for your endgame Ascended