RIFT's first year has come and gone, and the world of Telara has been growing nonstop. Watch as the development team discusses the game's changes over the last year and previews plans for year two!
We’re continuing on with our theme of eliminating all barriers to playing with your friends, whether you’re talking about getting new friends into the game, or playing with friends on other servers. We’re also coming up with new ways to make friends, and giving big groups and guilds even more to do together, both in PvE and PvP.
While we think this is a place that RIFT is strong, there’s more we can offer and places we can continue to leap ahead to give you the best experience possible. We’re planning some great new things to roll out over the coming year.
The rest of this open letter can be read here. Also in celebration of this milestone year, the Carnival of the Ascended has kicked off with lots of bonuses for subscribers all month long:
- Carnival games - test yourself in many exciting games of skill and chance to win tickets to spend on carnival prizes.
- Pummel the piñata - Break festive piñatas scattered across Telara to collect rare rewards.
- Relive history - The Herald of Heroes hosts an arena in Shimmersand where the Ascended gather in raid-sized groups to thrill audiences by recreating epic battles from Telara's past.
- Anniversary tabard - Stop by the carnival vendor in your capital for a free tabard that shows the other Ascended you're here to party, available only during the World Event!
- Return to Telara is back - Eager to try out all the changes in RIFT 1.7? Between Mar. 8 and Mar. 14, veteran Ascended can return to their high-level characters. And since RIFT Lite is here, new players can already level all the way to 20 for free!
- Subscriber bonuses - Our amazing subscriber bonuses will be in effect all through the Carnival of the Ascended. Log on and reap the benefits!