Runes of Magic U.S. servers will be down tomorrow for the release of patch 1815. The basic updates in Patch 1815 is the implementation of the 1v1 PvP system we heard about last week. Below is information on downtime for the patch and a statement of rules for the Arena.
the servers will be down tuesday morning at 12am PST for Patch 1815
They will be back up at around 2am
Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
LINK: Official Forum
LINK: The RoM Wiki
Here are some of the things that will catch your eye in patch 1815:
The Order of the Dark Glory opens the Obsidian Fortress' arena for 1v1 PvP fights and await many adventures will want to gather and test their strengths in ferocious fights man against man.
May it to probe the best way to utilize their Dual Classes secondary skills or for any other reason, this is the place where the best heroes and heroines of Taborea meet.
At the moment the arena is only available as pure sparring ground.
- Varanas is now completely localized.
- The tutorial has been reviewed and revised.
- Every player starts with 2000 points.
- A victory raises the score, a defeat lessens it.
- The weekly scores are converted to Arena Coins which are then credited to the players. (The amount of Arena Coins are therefore dependent on the score) The score is not reset.
- A player must participate in at least 10 duels per week in order to be considered and to keep their points.
- Every month the top 0.5% of players get a special mount for that month and all scores are reset.
- If a player is in the arena for over 3 minutes but logs out or leaves the arena before the end of the fight it is counted as a defeat.
- The waiting queue picks opponents for a duel with the most similar scores possible.
- Players with a difference in score of over 500 points cannot fight one another.
- The sign-in area for the arena is located in the eastern area of the Obsidian Fortress on the mercenary square.
- A magical insignia appears every 3 minute of the duel.