Runes of Magic has announced they will open new servers for the game in Germany and Korea! They've also recently announced some statistics regarding the game and what players have done in Runes of Magic since the launch of it's latest expansion in August.
Here's a look at the newly released information and statistics for Runes of Magic:
SAN FRANCISCO, November 12, 2009 - Because of the huge impact of Runes of
Magic internationally, the game’s publisher, Frogster is revealing figures on
the player population since the launch of ‘Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy’ in
August. Adventurers have already solved well over 15 million quests and have
overcome more than 250,000 boss opponents in the second chapter. The crafting
theme has also seen lots of action: Over 16 million items were created by
players through cooking, blacksmithing, tailoring, and other in-game crafting
Due to the great increase in the player population, Frogster is now in the process of preparing to launch a new server for Runes of Magic in Germany. The German server ‘Draiochta’ will begin handling the rush of new players beginning November 13th. In Asia, Runes of Magic players now also have access to a localized version of the MMORPG. The start of the Korean beta has already exceeded all of the Berlin publisher’s expectations. The version of the game is currently being fine-tuned so that after an exhaustive test phase it can be switched over into live operation as a completely localized version.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,300 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of rideable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- New style ‘Pet’ system with levelable companions
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
To learn more about the game visit the Runes of Magic website!