Since the main release of the third chapter of Runes
of Magic -The Elder Kingdoms last week, a range of new features have been
available to players, including the new ‘Set-Skill System’. This system
allows players on level 50 and above to add new and diverse skills to their
characters by collecting armor sets.
The coveted pieces of armor can either be won in Taborea’s dungeons, or purchased from a special trader in the city of Dalanis. The single pieces do still offer classic attributes and automatically add to characters’ stats. But once a player has collected all of the pieces of an armor set, special set-skills can now be activated through the new set-skills section on the function menu and then moved to the action bar. Currently players can simultaneously activate a maximum of two set-skills, but three additional slots will be added in the near future.
The main expansion of Runes of Magic, ‘The Elder Kingdoms’, went online on May 18th, and expanded the virtual world with a new continent, additional regions and dungeons amongst other features. The updated game client can be downloaded through the official website at: www.runesofmagic.com.
Chapter III – What’s New?
• Level cap raised to 58
• Two new zones with new dungeons and world bosses
• Siege wars enabling battles between entire guilds
• Expanded monster compendium
• New party search tool
• New crafting system to create fusion stones with individual stats
• Newly-expanded skill system linked to armor sets
• Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
• New token system allowing the trading of exclusive armor sets
• Guild buffs now available in guild castles
• New guild mini-games
Still to come in Chapter III
• Additional level cap raise to level 60
• Two-player mounts
• Role-play elements including a marriage system
• New dungeons
• New regions
For more information visit: www.runesofmagic.com.