ShootMania Beta 2 is now available, bringing players a ton of new features to both ManiaPlanet and ShootMania after several months of intense work from the dev team. Check out this video rundown!
Here's what's new in ManiaPlanet:
- Partial revamp of the ManiaPlanet user interface (3D Menus, removal of the ManiaHome tablet)
- Integration of a real time messaging system for friends
- Addition of a team creation & official competitions system
- Addition of a tournament system: Thanks to this system, you’ll be able to easily create a competition with several parameters (competition open or on invitations, maps used, the rules, the number of teams, the area of the competition, etc… For more information about the competition system, please read this link.
- TwitchTV integration (in Beta). To use it just open the ingame options -> “Broadcast” and fill in your TwitchTV credentials. Please note that this feature is in Beta, Your framerate may drop and you can experience a freeze at the disconnection.
There are also lots of changes on ShootMania Storm:
- 60 new blocks including Castle, Wood, Aerial Power Path and Grappling Hook blocks.
- New actions:
- Grappling hook: it allows you to hook up on hook block and balance yourself in the air. To do it you must aim the hook block and right-click to activate it. You can’t use it from a Power Path but you can’t fire while hanging from the hook block.
- Charge Shot: it’s an alternative fire mode of the Rocket Launcher which allows you to fire bouncing rockets (which bounce on any block type). To shot a bouncing rocket, you must stay still at least 6 seconds to load the Charge Shot. A Charge Shot bounces maximum twice.
- Slide: only possible on the wooden blocks, it’s an action which allow you to gain more speed with right-click. If you release the button, you’ll jump.
- New moves (like the WallJump, the progressive jump and lasers denying rockets)
- Addition of a matchmaking system for 1vs1 (Joust mode only)
- The Royal game mode is available as a Title Pack.
- Addition of a Title Pack “Royal Exp” which will be used to test the next evolutions of the Royal game mode
The Title Pack “Elite Exp” will use the former gameplay for the current competitions
For those new to the ShootMania scene, you're in for a treat. This revolutionary multiplayer FPS boasts quick-fire matches and epic battles, differentiated from the crowd of FPS games by its added community dimension and unlimited replayability. Only your talent will distinguish you or your team - play as you like on numerous maps and modes, improve your ranking, compete, and create your own gaming experience.
AN UNLIMITED GAMING WORLD CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU
Whether they are classic or developed exclusively for ShootMania Storm, the wide variety of maps and gaming modes offered within the game or created by the community will allow you to live constantly changing experiences.
INNOVATIVE INTUITIVE PLAYABILITY
Accessible to many and allowing the best to stand out, ShootMania guarantees fun from the first game to the last.
TAILOR-MADE FOR COMPETITION
Experience a fight at any time in a spectacular world. The many competitions held on ShootMania Storm offer the best sporting atmosphere.
PURE MULTIPLAYER DELIRIUM
Many players can take each other on simultaneously! The "matchmaking" system allows players to easily connect to a server on their level, whether for pure enjoyment or competition.
CREATE YOUR OWN GAME
With its map and script editors, numerous communication tools, Machinima sharing and editing tools, etc., ShootMania Storm offers everyone the opportunity to create and share their own game.
You can pick up the game at the official site for $15.99, with deals for multiple copies for your friends. Digitally purchasing and downloading will gain you beta access right up until the game releases!
We're also hosting an amazing tournament that is going on RIGHT NOW! Some of the best teams from around the nation are competing for the lions share of a $5,000 prize purse, including great teams like SK gaming, epsilon and Planet Xpress. The Curse ShootMania Invitational takes the form of a double-elimination tournament, that will pit teams against each other in best of 3 Elite mode matches. The top 3 teams will split the $5,000 cash prize at $3,000/$1,500/$500.
We'd love to have you join us for each event day. Don't forget that we're going to be giving away some SteelSeries peripherals during each live stream, so come and check out the matches at http://www.own3d.tv/FPSGeneral.
12-21 – Start time: 20:00 EST
12-22 – Start time: 20:00 EST