After consulting with Joymax, we've extended the Silkroad Online Video Contest two additional days. This is primarily due to recent website issues related to a hardware failure on one of our media servers. This occurring at the same time as World of Warcraft's latest game update prevented users from being able to upload videos.
We absolutely do not want anyone shut out of entry into the contest because of an issue on our end, so we've extended the contest two days and it will now end on Thursday, July 17th at 11:59PM PST.
Here's a quick recap of the contest details:
From June 16th, 2008 to July 17th, 2008 Joymax is giving away special in-game item packs as part of a special Silkroad Online Video Contest. Each entry into the contest has a chance to win one of twenty grand prizes -- the "9th degree Seal of Star weapon" -- a very special, very rare item in Silkroad Online, recently introduced with the Legend III Roc Mountain expansion. The lucky winners will be able to use their spoils to handily defeat more powerful monsters in Legend III's treacherous new zones.
A bit of information about Seal of Star:
- Seal of Star is one of the rarest items in Silkroad Online; players cannot find them from any NPC merchants -- they must locate them in the game world itself. Seal items are already upgraded to be more powerful than any other regular items. Plus, Seal weapons have unique looks -- they glow. Players can upgrade these items further, making them even more powerful.
Most players will typically never see a Seal of Star drop in their entire time playing the game, so this contest offers an amazing opportunity to win an item many will never see!
How Do I Get One?
It's pretty easy! Simply create a Silkroad Online game-play video using a third-party program, and then upload it here on Curse.com under the "Silkroad Online Video Contest" category.
How Do I Capture Video In Silkroad Online?
Once you've patched, from within the game, do the following:
- Go to "System"
- Go to "Option"
- Un-click "Indicate Own Name," "Indicate Other Name," "Indicate Monster Name" and "Indicate Guild Name"
- Press F12 to hide your UI
- Use a third-party program to capture the video
How Do I Upload My Video?
Now that you've done that, here's how you upload the video to Curse.com!
- Register for an account on Curse.com if you haven't
- Visit the Video Submission Page
- Locate the video clip on your computer and select it as the file to upload
- Give your video a name
- Choose "Other / Silkroad Online Video Contest" as the category
- Enter "Silkroad Online" as the game
- Tell us about your video in the description
- Enter "sro" and "contest" as Tags
- Click Continue!
Depending on the size of the video, it may take a bit for the upload to finish, but your entry will be counted as soon as the upload is complete. Winners will be contacted via the email used to register at Curse.com with a request for further information to confirm and claim their prize.
Good luck to all who submit a video, and remember, the contest ends on July 15th, 2008 so get your entries in fast!