The gaming community helps yet another dream into flight! This time we're looking at Star Citizen, a game focused on epic space adventure, trading, and dogfighting in first person.
Taking place in a rich universe, with moddable multiplayer hosted by players in a persistant universe hosted by the company, a lot of customizable play options will be available.
Star Citizen brings the visceral action of piloting interstellar craft through combat and exploration to a new generation of gamers at a level of fidelity never before seen. At its core Star Citizen is a destination, not a one-off story. It's a complete universe where any number of adventures can take place, allowing players to decide their own game experience.
Pick up jobs as a smuggler, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, or enlist as a pilot, protecting the borders from outside threats. Chris Roberts has always wanted to create one cohesive universe that encompasses everything that made Wing Commander and Privateer / Freelancer special. A huge sandbox with a complex and deep lore allowing players to explore or play in whatever capacity they wish. That universe is Star Citizen.
Let's run down some features:
- A huge, constantly expanding and evolving universe to explore, trade and adventure in
- Micro updates - content added on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Squadron 42 - A Wing Commander style single player mode, playable OFFLINE if you want
- Actions of the players impact the universe and become part of its history and lore
- Allowing user generated content is a key design goal
- Fully dynamic economy driven by player actions - taxes pay for law and order in civilized systems, while opportunity drives the economy outside Earth
- Money isn’t everything - be anything you want to be, a miner, industrial magnate, or anything in between
- Space is empty but you’re never really alone: rally your friends to join you in combat, plus bigger ships offer bigger multi-player action
- Full rigid body simulation of all spaceships, Intelligent Flight Control System (IFCS), and Dynamic Ship Maneuverability
- Ship Components matter! Each part plays a role and will affect your flight performance
- 10X the detail of current AAA games - characters detailed at 100,000 polygons, fighters at 300,000, Space Carriers at 7,000,000
- Everything you would imagine would move or articulate on a spaceship or a device – does!
- Range of scale never seen before in a game - seamless scaling allows you to really feel the scale of ships and space battles
- Joystick, gamepad, mouse, keyboard are all supported, plus advanced peripheral support is included, plus Virtual Reality!
- CryEngine3 technology built to scale for PCs today, and as they upgrade in the future