Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts are celebrating the fifth anniversary for Star Wars Galaxies by announcing the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. First release is named Champions of the Force and it’s scheduled to be released late this summer. Several months of in-game events will follow as well.
Subscribers of Star Wars Galaxies is provided with an entirely new gameplay experience by combining the challenge of a trading card game with the adventures and community of the massively multiplayer game.
- Choose between the light and dark sides of the Force and build their own Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game decks to fight virtual matches for the Rebel or Imperial factions;
- Challenge their skills in story-based solo-play or against other Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game players in epic one-on-one matches, cooperative Heroic Encounters, and official tournaments;
- Find more than 20 “loot” cards in the first release, Champions of the Force that can be redeemed for fantastic virtual items for use within the Star Wars Galaxies massively multiplayer game;
- Adventure in Star Wars Galaxies and collect desirable cards that enhance their virtual trading card game deck.
All Star Wars Galaxies subscribers with valid, active, fully-paid accounts in good standing are scheduled to receive five Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game booster packs per month, included at no additional cost, as part of their valid monthly subscription to the game, providing a simple way for players to quickly and easily build their decks. In addition, all subscribers will be able to purchase booster packs and starter decks through Sony Online Entertainment’s Station Store at www.store.station.sony.com.
More information on the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game and its first release, Champions of the Force, can be found at www.StarWarsGalaxies.com/tradingcardgame.
In addition to the upcoming release of the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game, LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment are celebrating the fifth anniversary of Star Wars Galaxies with several in-game events.
Beginning this week and continuing through July 22 in Star Wars Galaxies, players can gather with others to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the game through virtual “Empire Day” festivities. Featuring notable Star Wars characters and events, players of all factions can experience festivities in the cities of Theed and Coronet that include:
- Performances by the Max Rebo Band;
- The debut of two new prominent in-game statues: the Emperor in Theed, and Yoda in Mos Eisley, both accompanied by new vendors to distribute celebratory buffs that enhance the players’ in-game characters;
- Regularly scheduled Imperial parades;
- Appearances by Princess Leia;
- In-game fireworks.
In addition, all Star Wars Galaxies players will receive several in-game items to commemorate the fifth anniversary, as part of their regular subscription to the game:
- A Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back virtual poster for decorating an in-game home or player structure;
- New, wearable goggles inscribed with a “V,” in honor of the fifth anniversary for use by an in-game character;
- Plus, during the first week of the in-game festivities, community members will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Star Wars Galaxies Fifth Anniversary Fan Art Contest submissions at www.StarWarsGalaxies.com. Both the winning Rebel and Imperial fan art submissions may then be added as in-game virtual posters to Star Wars Galaxies in honor of the Fifth Anniversary.
More information about the fifth anniversary celebrations can be found at http://www.StarWarsGalaxies.com where you can also sign up for a 14 days trial.