The latest patch (8) is once again, more balance changes. The Terrans got some nerfs, as well as a new Maurador upgrade at the X-Lab. Also seems like the Protoss and Zerg received some nerfs. However, some sort of feature has been added; game rating information at the login screen, though it is possibly only for KR-Client users.
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 8 (version 0.10.0.14803)
The latest patch notes can always be found at
- Added support to display the game rating information on the login screen.
- Build time decreased from 75 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Siege Tank
- Build time decreased from 50 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Concussive Shells now require an upgrade.
- Barracks Tech Lab
- Concussive Shells upgrade added.
- Concussive Shells upgrade costs 100/100 and takes 80 seconds to complete.
- Void Ray
- Changed to only have 2 damage levels instead of 3. Still takes the same amount of time to fully charge.
- Base damage changed from 2 (+4 armored) to 5.
- Powered-up damage changed from 8 (+16 armored) to 10 (+15 armored).
- Armor value decreased from 1 to 0.
- Cost increased from 200/150 to 250/150.
- Burrowed move speed decreased from 2 to 1.4.
- Armor value decreased from 2 to 1.
- Life decreased from 90 to 80.