This patch has a bunch of new features to Battle.net, Map Publishing for the GalaxyEditor has been enabled, and there's been a bunch of balancing changes. As always, for anyone interested in Galaxy Edit, the undocumented Map Editor changes can be found on SC2Mapster.
StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)
- Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
- Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
- 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
- Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:
- Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
- Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
- No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
- Matchmaking system logic updated.
- UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.
- Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.
- Void Ray
- Range decreased from 7 to 6.
- Warp Gate
- Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.
- Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
- Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
- Infested Terran spell removed.
- Frenzy spell added:
- Costs 25 energy.
- Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.
- Contaminate spell added:
- Costs 75 energy.
- Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.
- Infested Terran spell added:
- Costs 125 energy.
- Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.
- Life decreased from 600 to 450.
- Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
- Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.
Hotkey Changes (English Only):
- Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.
- Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.
- Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.
- Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.
- Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
- Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.
- Added in-game blocking and player muting.